MTH670 Mathematics Curriculum
Lead Faculty: Dr. Igor Ya Subbotin
Analyze secondary school mathematics curriculum development from a historical perspective and discuss past influences on current methodology. Distinguish current curriculum trends and design alternatives. Evaluate contemporary curriculum by assessing an existing text or program. Explores the current state and various facets of the changing mathematics curriculum, instruction, and assessment, looking at the national standards from the past and exploring directions and practical strategies for the future.
- Analyze mathematics curriculum from a historical perspective to get direction for the future.
- Evaluate contemporary curriculum by assessing an existing text or program.
- Distinguish current curriculum trends and design alternatives.
- Employ research-based processes for designing meaningful and motivating curriculum.
- Adapt curricula and instructional strategies to meet the diverse and changing needs and learning preferences of students.
- Develop plans for utilizing technology in the mathematics classroom.
- Design assessment for all students including those with special needs.
- Evaluate student learning through effective and engaging assessment.