MTH620 Number Systems
Lead Faculty: Dr Igor Ya Subbotin
Provides students with a deeper understanding of algebraic foundations of the real number system and its generalizations, covers the algebraic and topological properties of the real number system and several of its subfields and subrings.
- Extend main arithmetic properties to commutative rings.
- Evaluate main properties of Euclidian rings.
- Investigate irreducible polynomials.
- Investigate arithmetic functions and solve congruences.
- Prove main properties of the real number system.
- Analyze main concepts of natural number system and its construction including Peano Axsioms.
- Construct the ring of integers and describe its main properties.
- Construct the rational and real number systems.