MTH12B Algebra II
Second of a two-course sequence extending skills and logical analysis begun in MTH 12A. Course covers rational expressions, linear equations in two variables, algebraic and graphical solutions of systems of equations, scaling and variations, quadratic and rational equations with emphasis on practical applications. Calculator use is highly recommended. Grading is S or U only. (This course is remedial in nature and does not award collegiate credit)
- Learn to solve equations and inequalities.
- Develop the techniques of working with exponents, polynomials and rational expressions.
- Graph linear equations.
- Solve algebraic equations containing complex fractions.
- Find roots of equations and work with the equations having radicals.
- Solve quadratic equations by using the square root method completing the square, and the quadratic formula.