FSC654 Criminal Profiling
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ismail M. Sebetan
This course is designed to help students acquire skills and knowledge in criminal investigation analysis. Introduces students to the various techniques used by criminologists and behavioral scientists to profile individuals that typically commit violent crimes. Includes study of victimology and crime scene analysis.
- Describe methods used in crime scene analysis.
- Demonstrate full awareness of methods appropriate to profiling.
- Conduct a comprehensive crime analysis.
- Interpret investigative findings.
- Apply profiling knowledge to crime scene variables.
- Translate investigative results.
- Analyze cases to produce a recommendation of offender type.
- Demonstrate knowledge of terminology specific to this field.