FSC647 Crime Scene Investigation
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ismail M. Sebetan
Course DescriptionA comprehensive study of the techniques and procedures used for approaching and protecting the crime scene, survey and documentation, detailed search of the scene, initial evidence collection and packaging, processing the scene for latent prints and maintaining the chain-of-custody. The legal and scientific principles of crime scene searches and seizures.
- Identify the legal issues involved in crime scene processing and evidence collection.
- Describe the categories of evidence that require prioritization because of their perish ability, and articulate techniques to preserve such evidence.
- Describe the standard techniques used to properly document a crime scene.
- Describe and demonstrate fundamental crime scene processing techniques with various types of physical evidence.
- Explain issuers related to proper packing of evidence.
- Demonstrate classic crime scene search techniques.