FSC635 Forensic Anthropology
Lead Faculty: Dr Ismail M. Sebetan
Course DescriptionThe study of the application of the methods and techniques of skeletal remains identification and physical anthropology to medicolegal problems. This course presents the protocol of forensic anthropology when analyzing human remains. Assessment of human or non-human; time since death and cause of death.
- Be familiar with the human osteology.
- Describe different methods used for human identification (living and dead individuals).
- Describe the role played by the forensic anthropologist in death investigation.
- Evaluate human variation.
- Describe the taphonomic processes.
- Describe the process of personal identification.
- Describe the role of the forensic anthropologist in the courtroom.