FSC633 Advanced Forensic Toxicology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ismail M. Sebetan
Course DescriptionA comprehensive study of general principles and fundamentals of forensic toxicology, poisons, action, toxicity, and samples required for toxicological analysis with methods of collection, preservation and analysis. Details of the methods employed for analysis, such as color test, microdiffusion, Chromatography, mass spectrometry, GC-MS, radioimmunoassay (RIA).
- Describe the poisons, including types of poisons factors influencing their action, and the various circumstances of the poisoning cases.
- Describe the samples required for toxicological analysis, methods of collection, and preservation.
- Describe the different analytical methods and procedure used for toxicological analysis.
- Describe proper procedures for documentation of laboratory test results and report preparation.
- Describe the role of the toxicologist as an expert witness.