FSC632 Trace Evidence
Lead Faculty: Dr Ismail M. Sebetan
The principles and methods of the macroscopic examinations and the microscopic, chemical, and instrumental analysis of trace and patterned evidence. Hair, fibers, glass, soil, paint, GSR, arson, explosives, fingerprint, and other patterned evidence will be covered in this class. The principles of chain of custody will be studied.
- Identify items of trace evidence at crime scenes.
- Collect and preserve trace evidence for laboratory examinations.
- Identify categories of trace evidence.
- Describe the methods used for analysis and comparison of the recovered physical evidence.
- Describe proper procedures for documentation of laboratory test results and report preparation.
- Identify fundamental procedures and best practice for expert witness testimony.