FSC630 Forensic Pathology I
Lead Faculty: Dr Ismail M. Sebetan
Course DescriptionForensic terminology, anatomy, and physiology of the human body with emphasis on the understanding of the underlying pathology of sudden, unexpected deaths encountered in forensics, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), methods personal identification and different types of injuries with their characteristic features and mechanisms of death.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic concepts of human anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the forensic/medico-legal terminology and autopsy techniques.
- Describe the pathophysiology of death with applications of the postmortem changes to forensic cases.
- Describe methods of estimation of time of death.
- Describe the ways in which disease and trauma affect the body.
- Apply anatomical descriptions to crime scene evidence.