FSC620 Advanced Criminalistics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ismail M. Sebetan
This class surveys physical evidence with an introduction to the operation of a forensic science laboratory and an overview of many of the analytical tools used in the criminalistics laboratory. Principles of chain of custody; and role of forensic scientist as expert witness.
- Identify items of physical evidence at crime scenes.
- Collect and preserve evidence for laboratory examinations.
- Identify categories of physical evidence.
- Describe the methods used for analysis and comparison of the recovered physical evidence.
- Describe proper procedures for documentation of laboratory test results and report preparation.
- Identify fundamental procedures and best practice for expert witness testimony.