EES103 Fundamentals of Geology
Lead Faculty: Dr Michael R. Maxwell
Course DescriptionIntroduction to the major geological processes which create and transform materials and landforms throughout the planet. Geotectonic processes, geomorphology, unifying themes such as plate tectonics, sea form spreading and athenosphere convection cells; and degradation-aggradation processes.
- List evidences to support plate tectonics.
- Identify common minerals.
- Describe different types of volcanoes.
- Describe the rock cycles and processes in which each of the three main types of rocks are formed.
- List the main types of faults and their components.