CHE361 Biochemistry II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Dzung T. Nguyen
A continuation of CHE 360. This course concentrates on the principles of cellular regulatory processes and synthesis of biological molecules.
- Explain how the metabolism of glucose leads ultimately to the generation of large quantities of ATP.
- Describe how fats and amino acids are metabolized, and explain how they can be used for fuel.
- Describe the structure of DNA, and explain how it carries genetic information in its base sequence.
- Describe DNA replication.
- Describe RNA and protein synthesis.
- Explain how protein synthesis can be controlled at the level of transcription and translation.
- Explain how the catabolism and anabolism of biomolecules are regulated.