CHE149A General Chemistry Lab
Augments student understanding of important concepts in chemistry through hands-on experiments. Students will become proficient in advanced chemistry laboratory techniques, will learn how to operate modern instruments, will acquire the necessary skills to collect data accurately and to perform error analyses. Contact hours for this laboratory course (45) are based on a 3:1 ratio, i.e. 3 lab hours = 1 lecture hour equivalent.
- Record observations and write laboratory reports according to disciplinary standards.
- Perform error analysis.
- Predict and carry out chemical reactions.
- Operate modern chemical analysis instruments.
- Design quantitative analysis schema to identify cations in solutions.
- Perform titrations to determine concentrations of unknown solutions.