CHE143 General Chemistry 3
Course DescriptionThird course of general chemistry, covering: electro, nuclear, organic, bio, and coordination chemistry. Chemistry of metals and non-metals is also covered.
- Describe an electrochemical cell.
- Differentiate between nuclear fusion and nuclear fission reactions.
- List important organic functional groups and some representative reactions.
- Characterize classes of biological molecules.
- Describe the chemistry of metals and non-metals
- Employ Valence Bond Theory and Crystal Field Theory to explain properties of coordination compounds.