BIO600 Contemporary Issues in Biology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael R. Maxwell
Examination of current topics in biology, including discussion of analysis and interpretation of results and data.
- Identify contemporary issues in biology, with attention to candidate topics for thesis research.
- Investigate a research question in peer-reviewed and primary biological literature.
- Evaluate peer-reviewed and primary biological literature, with attention to unresolved questions.
- Recognize how to study the topic of interest at hierarchical levels of biological organization: molecular, cellular, organismal, ecological, evolutionary.
- Communicate research findings in written and oral formats.