BIO163 General Biology 3
Morphology and physiology of multicellular organisms, particularly plants and animals. Concepts include plant structure and physiology, and comparative animal morphology and physiology. Intended for science majors.
- Describe structure and organization of major groups of plants.
- Explain nutrient intake and transport in plants.
- Describe reproductive structures and strategies in nonflowering and flowering plants.
- Discuss fundamental body structure and organization in animals.
- Describe different kinds of animal organ systems, including digestion, circulation, respiratory, sensory, skeletal, locomotory.
- Discuss reproduction and development in animals.