BIO660 Research Design
Lead Faculty: Dr Michael R. Maxwell
Course DescriptionStudents develop a proposal for thesis research in biology, incorporating fundamentals of research and experimental design and appropriate statistics. Students must present a thesis proposal to their thesis advisor before the end of the course.
- Propose original topic for thesis research, including testable hypotheses.
- Incorporate sound research and experimental design, centered on proposed research topic.
- Incorporate statistical analyses relevant to proposed topic.
- Identify alternative explanations or possible outcomes that may result from proposed research.
- Communicate research proposal in written form, with emphasis on underlying biological concepts, research design, and possible outcomes.