BIO640 Seminar in Ecology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael R. Maxwell
Discussion of concepts in ecology, at the levels of the individual, population, community, ecosystem, landscape, and geographical region. Students examine research topics in ecology.
- Investigate a topic in ecology for a species, taxon, or clade, at two or more levels of organization in ecology: organism (behavioral or physiological ecology), population, community, ecosystem, landscape, biogeography.
- Investigate a research question in peer-reviewed and primary literature in ecology.
- Evaluate peer-reviewed and primary literature in ecology, with attention to unresolved questions.
- Describe organismal (e.g., physiological, behavioral) and evolutionary bases of ecological processes.
- Communicate research findings in written and oral formats.