BIO630 Seminar in Organismal Biology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael R. Maxwell
Discussion of concepts in organismal biology, including development, gross anatomy, morphology, physiology, behavior, heredity. Students examine research topics at the level of the organismal.
- Investigate a topic in biology at the organismal level for a species, taxon, or clade.
- Relate the topic to a subdiscipline within organismal biology, such as development, gross anatomy, morphology, physiology, behavior, heredity.
- Investigate a research question in peer-reviewed and primary literature in organismal biology.
- Evaluate peer-reviewed and primary literature in organismal biology, with attention to unresolved questions.
- Link concepts in organismal biology to a higher level of biological organization, such as ecology.
- Communicate research findings in written and oral formats.