BIO620 Seminar in Cell Biology
Lead Faculty: Dr Michael R. Maxwell
Course DescriptionDiscussion of cellular and subcellular organization, structure, and function. Students examine research topics at the level of the cell.
- Investigate a topic in biology at the cellular level for a species, taxon, or clade.
- Relate the topic to a subdiscipline within cell biology, such as cellular respiration, cell signaling, gametogenesis, embryology, immunology, microbiology.
- Investigate a research question in peer-reviewed and primary literature in cell biology.
- Evaluate peer-reviewed and primary literature in cell biology, with attention to unresolved questions.
- Link concepts in cell biology to a higher level of biological organization, such as organismal biology or ecology.
- Communicate research findings in written and oral formats.