Lead Faculty: Dr Michael R. Maxwell
Course DescriptionPlant biology, including structure, function, evolution, taxonomy, and diversity of major groups of plants.
- Describe the structure and function of plant cells.
- Discuss metabolism in plants, including respiration and photosynthesis.
- Categorize plant and algae diversity in terms of evolutionary relationships and systematics.
- Describe important plant tissues and morphological features.
- Explain plant growth, including intake and transport of nutrients.
- Describe processes and structures involved in reproduction in plants, including alternation of generations.
- Appraise the ecological and economic roles of plants.