BIO406 Cellular Biology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael R. Maxwell
An introduction to cellular biology, including fundamentals of cell structure and function, inter- and intracellular communication through signaling and signal transduction, cell growth and energy generation through aerobic respiration and photosynthesis.
- Describe the structure and function of cell components and major organelles including the cell plasma membrane.
- Discuss the use of chemical energy in cellular activity, including photosynthesis and aerobic respiration.
- Describe the function and structure of the cytoplasmic membrane system, and trafficking through it.
- Describe the communication between cells including signal transduction and cell signaling.
- Explain the principles of cancer formation, mitosis and cell cycle regulation.