BIO380 Human Biology for Teachers
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael R. Maxwell
Human anatomy and physiology for students pursuing careers in education. Concepts include structure and functioning of major human organ systems, such as cardiovascular, immune, respiratory, nervous,sensory, endocrine, digestive, urinary, and reproductive systems.
- Describe major organs and functioning of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- Explain the lymphatic and immune system, including different kinds of pathogens.
- Describe the nervous system and major sensory organs.
- Describe major organs and functioning of the digestive system.
- Identify major organs and functioning of the uro-genital system.
- Discuss importance of the endocrine system in human physiology.