BIO202 Human Anatomy & Physiol II
Organ systems (endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive), and their functional relation to each other. Topics also include the aging process and diseases in these systems, as well as the effects of genetics, diet, lifestyle, and the environment.
- Explain mechanisms of signal transduction by the endocrine system.
- Describe the physiology of the cardiovascular system, including pressure/volume relationships in the heart, as well as cardiac output, blood flow, and blood pressure physiology.
- Identify the functions of blood components and their composition, also the value of human blood groups.
- Describe the functioning of the lymphatic and immune systems.
- Describe the physiology of the respiratory system, including gas laws as they pertain to lung ventilation and diffusion between the air and the blood.
- Describe the anatomy and functioning of the digestive system, including metabolism and nutrition.
- Explain the physiology of the renal system, including secretion, reabsorption, filtration, and excretion.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the male and female reproductive system.