BIO110 Introduction to Human Biology
Course DescriptionFundamental concepts of cellular and human biology, including the chemistry of life, cellular organization, organ systems, human anatomy, and the use of the metric system to calculate biometric measurements.
- Describe atoms, molecules, chemical bonding, acids and bases, and the relationship between water and life.
- Classify cells by their structure and cellular components for prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
- Define the main tissues of the human body and identify the main components of each organ system.
- Describe basic human anatomy.
- Apply the metric system to calculate biometric measurements of human body.