SPN420 Literature and Culture I
Lead Faculty: Dr. Luis Acebal
Introduction to cultural productions from the Pre-Columbian period to the mid-19th century in Spanish. Readings will come from a variety of regions and historical and cultural movements. Discussions, collaborations, and writing assignments will be in Spanish.
- General knowledge of the aesthetic, historical, and sociopolitical development of the region's literary and cultural discourse.
- Increase familiarity with the specific terminology needed for a critical reading of literary texts.
- Awareness of the most significant themes from the region.
- Deliver classroom presentation in Spanish.
- Given that class discussions will be conducted in Spanish as well as written assignments, students will strengthen their language skills as they examine and interact with the linguistic richness of the diverse texts read in class.