SPN300 Advanced Spanish I
Lead Faculty: Dr Luis Acebal
Course DescriptionIntegration of speaking, listening, reading, and writing within a cultural context by immersion in the target language. Designed to give further insight into the Spanish-speaking world through a study of its culture, society, history, and politics.
- Speak and interact comfortably in Spanish language environments.
- Write an appropriate level final essay in Spanish.
- Demonstrate an appropriate level linguistic and grammatical accuracy and social correctness.
- Obtain a sense of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Describe and identify the different cultures that comprise the Spanish-Speaking world.
- Discuss classroom concepts, assignments and applications with peers and instructor(s) in Spanish.