PHL326 Chinese Thought
Lead Faculty: Dr Michael M. Day
History of Chinese thought and religion from 5th B.C until 10th century A.D., with an emphasis on the continuing relevance of these traditions in China today. The course will focus on the following schools of thought and related religions: Confucianism, Moism, Daoism, Legalism, Buddhism.
- Identify major genres of modern Chinese literature.
- Analyze the literary variety of modern Chinese Literature.
- Describe the societal themes addressed in modern Chinese literature.
- Analyze the historical context from which the modern Chinese literature originated.
- Identify the cultural context of modern Chinese literature.