MUS327 World Music
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Mcanear
An exploration of musical traditions and techniques in a variety of cultures, including Japan, India, Native America, South America, and Africa. Broadens students' cultural understanding of music.
- Identify musical processes such as melody, accompaniment, homophony, polyphony, meter, and form.
- Use technical concepts and terms from basic music theory.
- Communicate successfully and coherently about musical form and contents.
- Relate music to its social, spiritual and cultural contexts.
- Appreciate the similarities among seemingly different musical traditions.