MCW680A Adv Workshop in Screenwriting
Lead Faculty: Mr Colin Dickey
Intensive writing workshop designed for students to use professional screenwriting techniques in the creation of their own original screenplay. Readings of both classic and contemporary films reinforce students' knowledge of three-act structure and cinematic storytelling. Peer review and instructor feedback provide writers a mode of creative support.provide writers a mode of creative support.
- Create publishable-quality works showing originality and insight.
- Critique one anothers' writing through synchronous and asynchronous responses.
- Critically analyze elements of scriptwriting.
- Apply critical and independent thinking to an analysis of one's work.
- Identify ethical practices and policies relevant to course topics.