MCW650B Adv Workshop in Lit Nonfiction
Lead Faculty: Mr Colin Dickey
Intensive writing workshop that includes reading a selection of classic and contemporary literary nonfiction, with selections from memoir, personal essay, travel writing, and literary journalism. Students will submit original manuscripts, critiquing the manuscripts of peers, and will submit revised work for peer and faculty review.
- Create publishable-quality works showing originality and insight.
- Critique one anothers' writing through synchronous and asynchronous responses.
- Critically analyze elements of literary writing.
- Apply critical and independent thinking to an analysis of one's work.
- Identify ethical practices and policies relevant to course topics.