MCW650 Seminar in Creative Nonfiction
Lead Faculty: Mr. Colin Dickey
Students write and critique each other¿s original work in a workshop-style format. Through presentation and critique of published and student-generated work, students will advance their understanding of the genre's many forms, including memoir, autobiography, nature writing, literary journalism, and the personal essay, while strengthening their own writing.
- Evaluate various aesthetic theories of literary nonfiction.
- Formulate practical and theoretical models of teaching and learning the writing of literary nonfiction.
- Critique specific works of literature in literary non-fiction.
- Develop publishable-quality writing in literary nonfiction.
- Evaluate different literary formats.
- Implement craft principles of plot, characterization, style, point of view, narrative technique, and language in the creation of literary nonfiction.