MCW640A Advanced Workshop in Poetry
Lead Faculty: Mr. Frank Montesonti
Course DescriptionIntensive workshop on the practice of poetry that includes reading a selection of contemporary poems, doing exercises to generate original poems, critiquing each otherandapos;s writing in a workshop setting, and creating a portfolio of original poetry.
- Create publishable-quality works showing originality and insight.
- Critique one anotherandapos;s writing through synchronous and asynchronous responses.
- Critically analyze elements of literary writing.
- Apply critical and independent thinking to an analysis of oneandapos;s work.
- Identify ethical practices and policies relevant to course topics.