MCW630B Adv Workshop in Fiction
Lead Faculty: Mr. Colin Dickey
Course DescriptionIntensive writing workshop in which students work closely with an established writer to further their development as creative writers and critical thinkers. Students will read classic and contemporary works of fiction, submit original manuscripts for peer and faculty review, and critique the manuscripts of peers.
- Evaluate various aesthetic theories of literary fiction.
- Formulate practical and theoretical models of teaching and learning the writing of literary fiction.
- Critique specific works of literature in literary fiction.
- Develop publishable-quality writing in literary fiction, culminating in a significant portfolio of work.
- Evaluate different literary formats.
- Master craft principles of plot, characterization, style, point of view, narrative technique, and language in the creation of literary fiction.