MCW630A Advanced Workshop in Fiction
Lead Faculty: Mr Colin Dickey
Intensive writing workshop in which students work closely with an established writer to further their development as creative writers and critical thinkers. Students will read classic and contemporary works of fiction, submit original manuscripts for peer and faculty review, and critique the manuscripts of peers.
- Create publishable-quality works showing originality and insight.
- Critique one anothers' writing through synchronous and asynchronous responses.
- Critically analyze elements of literary writing.
- Apply critical and independent thinking to an analysis of one's work.
- Identify ethical practices and policies relevant to course topics.