MCW630 Seminar in Fiction
Lead Faculty: Dr. Colin Dickey
Students write and critique each otherand#xbf;s work in a workshop-style format. Through presentation and critique of published and student-generated work, students will advance their understanding of the genresand#xbf; many forms and styles, strengthen their own writing, and broaden their understanding of literature and various modes of literary writing.
- Evaluate various aesthetic theories of literary fiction.
- Formulate practical and theoretical models of teaching and learning the writing of literary fiction.
- Critique specific works of literature in literary fiction.
- Develop publishable-quality writing in literary fiction.
- Evaluate different literary formats.
- Implement craft principles of plot, characterization, style, point of view, narrative technique, and language in the creation of literary fiction.