MCW600 Pedagogy of Creative Writing
Lead Faculty: Mr. Frank Montesonti
Examines the practical and theoretical models of teaching and learning creative writing with particular attention to the developments of the last twenty years. An introduction to and overview of contemporary theories, practices, texts, professional organizations and web sites will be the primary focus of this course.
- Analyze a variety of theories within the field of creative writing.
- Identify and articulate elements of writing pedagogy.
- Compare and critique arguments regarding the creative writing process.
- Create exercises to encourage successful creative writing activities.
- Develop class activities to encourage successful creative writing activities.
- Identify ethical practices and policies relevant to course topics.