LIT480 Literature of the Americas
Lead Faculty: Dr. Luis Acebal
This course will provide students with a hemispheric perspective to the study of the literatures of the Americas. The readings will come from a variety of prominent 20th century U.S. and Latin American literary texts. All works will be read in English translation.
- Read, analyze, and critique representative American literatures.
- Become familiar with major trends in hemispheric literatures of the Americas.
- Understand the social, political, and historical contexts of the literatures and its relevance to our own experience.
- Identify critical and theoretical approaches to literature.
- Hone critical thinking skills.