LIT463 20th Century World Literature
Lead Faculty: Dr. John J. Miller
This course will address 20th century literary works from diverse cultures and literary traditions. The assigned readings in this course will be outside the North American literary tradition.
- Explain the paradigms of different national, ethnic, and class literatures.
- Identify different approaches to literature in different literary traditions.
- Identify one's own literary assumptions, perspective, and prejudices.
- Explain how and where various literary genres arose.
- Compare and contrast non-Western and Western literary and aesthetic values.