LIT463 20th Century World Literature
Lead Faculty: Dr. Luis Acebal
This course will address 20th century literary works from diverse cultures and literary traditions. The assigned readings in this course will be outside the North American literary tradition.
- Explain the paradigms of different national, ethnic, and class literatures.
- Identify different approaches to literature in different literary traditions.
- Identify one's own literary assumptions, perspective, and prejudices.
- Explain how and where various literary genres arose.
- Compare and contrast non-Western and Western literary and aesthetic values.