LIT456 Studies in Drama
Lead Faculty: Dr John J. Miller
Course DescriptionAn examination of the conventions and varieties of dramatic texts and performance, focusing on drama of the 20th century. Includes discussion of both Western and non-Western traditions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of important conventions, traditions, and theories of Western drama.
- Apply close reading skills to the critical analysis of dramatic texts in discussion and writing.
- Situate modern and contemporary dramatic texts within the Western dramatic tradition.
- Identify significant similarities and differences between Western and non-Western dramatic texts.
- Analyze and critique performances of plays as interpretations of the written text in discussion and writing.