LIT410 African American Literature
Course DescriptionExamination of important representative works by U.S. African-American writers and theoretical approaches relevant to studying that literature. Emphases may vary in different sections.
- Discuss the work of important representative U.S. African-American writers.
- Discuss the development of U.S. African American literature in relation to developments in American history, culture, and literature.
- Compare and contrast the themes and textual strategies of different works by these writers.
- Apply relevant theoretical and critical approaches to the analysis of works studied in the course.
- Construct clear and well-made analytical arguments about these works in writing and discussion.