LIT310 Chinese Lit in Translation
Lead Faculty: Dr Michael M. Day
This course is a survey of prominent modern authors from China in English translation. A selection of poems, short stories, novels, and plays will be considered. Attention will be given to social, intellectual, and political contexts out of which these works have arisen.
- Identify major genres of modern Chinese literature.
- Analyze the literary variety of modern Chinese Literature.
- Describe the societal themes addressed in modern Chinese literature.
- Analyze the historical context from which the modern Chinese literature originated.
- Identify the cultural context of modern Chinese literature.