ENG699 English Capstone Course
Lead Faculty: Dr. Franz J Potter
Writing the Master's thesis or capstone project. Taken as the last course in the M.A. English program. Exceptions may be made if within two courses of program completion, with approval of the lead faculty. For details, e-mail email@example.com. Grading is by S or U only. Course is eligible for an "IP" grade.
- Acquire submission guidelines for presentations at scholarly conferences and publication in scholarly and literary journals, including on-line journals.
- Revise and expand a scholarly paper written in a previous ENG seminar in accordance with the submission guidelines of a scholarly journal of their choice.
- Prepare a Works Cited in accordance with the 2009 MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing
- Participate in rigorous peer critiques.
- Complete a capstone project that demonstrates their best research, analysis of literature, application of relevant scholarship, application of relevant theory, and professional quality writing.