ENG689 Research and Methodology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Franz J Potter
Course DescriptionThis course introduces students to graduate level research practices and methodologies in English Studies. Students gain the necessary skills and knowledge required to research and write scholarly articles for peer reviewed journals specific to English Studies.
- Recognize and discuss the structure of information within the field of English Studies
- Identify, select, and utilize key literary tools to locate relevant information within the field of English Studies
- Create effective search strategies and modify them as needed
- Recognize authoritative sources and demonstrate critical thinking while evaluating information
- Demonstrate competence in research methodology and use technology tools to create an annotated bibliography