ENG670 Comparative Literary Studies
Lead Faculty: Dr. Franz J Potter
Analysis of literary texts across national and linguistic as well as temporal, cultural, and disciplinary lines.
- Analyze the particular distinctiveness and similarities between these two authors of literary realism and social satire within their different historical contexts and literary traditions.
- Evaluate these literary works within their relevant sociological, historical, and biographical contexts.
- Critique the relevant scholarship and integrate findings into discussions and assignments.
- Interpret literary works using various theoretical and critical approaches that are most appropriate for these literary periods.
- Investigate the themes and conventions that inform these literary works.
- Utilize academic English and the tenets of sound composition by means of thesis-driven analytical prose.