ENG665 Film Theory
Lead Faculty: Dr. Paul T. Majkut
Course DescriptionAn overview of film theory designed to give students the critical tools necessary to describe and evaluate various aspects of cinema art. This course introduces concepts from a variety of approaches, including deconstruction, existentialism, Marxism, phenomenology, and psychoanalysis.
- Identify various aesthetic aspects of film theory.
- Identify and evaluate ethical aspects of film theory.
- Identify, describe, and evaluate epistemological aspects of film theory.
- Identify and evaluate important film theorists and their theories.
- Analyze and evaluate important contemporary film critics and their stances.