ENG665 Film Theory
Lead Faculty: Dr Ramie Tateishi
An overview of film theory designed to give students the critical tools necessary to describe and evaluate various aspects of cinema art. This course introduces concepts from a variety of approaches, including deconstruction, existentialism, Marxism, phenomenology, and psychoanalysis.
- Identify various aesthetic aspects of film theory.
- Identify and evaluate ethical aspects of film theory.
- Identify, describe, and evaluate epistemological aspects of film theory.
- Identify and evaluate important film theorists and their theories.
- Analyze and evaluate important contemporary film critics and their stances.