ENG660 Seminar in Literary Hypermedia
Lead Faculty: Dr. Franz J Potter
History and current practice of literary hypermedia. Through reading primary stand-alone and Webbased hypermedia installations, the course examines hypermedia as a specific literary genre.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history of literary hypermedia.
- Describe key components of stand-alone and Web-based hypermedia installations.
- Describe the relationship between literary hypermedia and other genres, particularly print media, graphic design, film, and performance art.
- Apply various literary theories to a variety of hypermedia texts.
- Use appropriate critical terminology in analytical papers, in particular terminology drawn from hypertext and hypermedia theory.
- Write analysis papers with sustained theoretical arguments.