ENG655 Composition Pedagogy
Lead Faculty: Mr. Frank Montesonti
Prepares the students for the practical and theoretical challenges of teaching English composition and other writing courses. Topics include process theory, cognitive studies, visual analysis, discourse studies, and best practices.
- Discuss and analyze scholarly articles on composition pedagogy.
- Analyze, discriminate, and distinguish disparate views on composition pedagogy, assessing complex epistemological, rhetorical, and ideological assumptions.
- Appraise academic discourse to assemble a discriminating review of literature on a specific idea in composition pedagogy.
- Evaluate scholarly texts indicating possible areas of further inquiry.
- Construct a niche or position and enter scholarly discourse through composing of an argumentative paper with a strong claim.
- Apply theory toward creation of practical class materials.
- Appraise various ideological and political stances on the role of English composition courses.