ENG610 Multicultural Literature
Lead Faculty: Dr Franz J Potter
Course DescriptionExamines core concepts of race, ethnicity, culture, and multiculturalism from the standpoint of recent developments in American literary canon formation. Students will synthesize current multicultural literary theories with a corpus of significant literary texts.
- Analyze a broad range of Native American, African American, and Asian American literatures.
- Demonstrate through student writing an original approach to multicultural literary theory.
- Evaluate the complexities of canon formation.
- Integrate multicultural literature into the larger discourse of the American literary canon.
- Synthesize current theory and practice in the study of American multicultural literature.
- Synthesize the relevance of such knowledge in our current socio-educational climate.