ENG240 Advanced Composition
Lead Faculty: Dr. Scott McClintock
An advanced course in expository and argumentative writing that continues the work of Effective College English. While ENG 100 and ENG 101 focus on essay formulation and research, Advanced Composition emphasizes textual analysis. Students continue to practice the construction of arguments based on analytical reasoning, critical thinking and research skills.
- Produce an effective persuasive essay on a complex topic, incorporating relevant sources.
- Make effective written responses to opposing arguments.
- Read critically and present critical evaluations of sources effectively in writing.
- Read their own and other students' writing critically and make effective suggestions for revision.
- Edit their own and other students' writing effectively.